[Libguestfs] Scientific Linux template update?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Feb 19 17:06:47 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 12:24:38PM +0000, Adam Huffman wrote:
> Hello
>
> Could the Scientific Linux template for virt-builder be updated to the
> recent 6.5 release?

I'll try and get around to this tomorrow.

You might also be interested in the long term plan.  We don't plan to
host cloud images ourselves if we can avoid it.  We would like to use
cloud images published by the distros.

In virt-builder 1.26, the single source index[0] will be replaced by
an /etc/virt-builder.d/ directory containing configuration files
pointing to multiple sources.

Some of these will still be our own hosted distros.  Over time I hope
that more and more will point directly to metadata[1] and cloud images
hosted by distros themselves.  (Existing cloud images -- we're not
asking anyone to make special virt-builder images, unless they deeply
want to.  Virt-builder upstream can consume cloud images in many
different formats already.)

Rich.

[0] http://libguestfs.org/download/builder/index.asc

[1] By "metadata" I mean: