[Libguestfs] Problem with febootstrap version while compiling guestfsd in centos6.5

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Feb 25 14:59:31 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 03:53:03PM +0100, Safa Rekik wrote:
> I am try to compile guestfsd using this
> link<http://thr3ads.net/libguestfs/2012/09/2100168-Re-compile-guestfsd>.
> I am using libguestfs-1.24.4.tar.gz
>
> After running ./configure with disable options i get a message claiming a
> febootstrap >=3.2.
>
> I already installed febootstrap-3.21-4.el6x86_64.rpm for centos6.5.
>
> In the rpm description i found a note telling that this rpm will provide
> febootstrap 2.11 and 3.21, and indeed i have too commands febbotstrap(2.11)
> and febootstrap3(3.21).

Right, good old RHEL/CentOS 6 :-)

You have to set the following environment variable to tell it which
febootstrap to use:

  export FEBOOTSTRAP=febootstrap3

> *Note :  the kernel of centos6.5 is 2.6.32, which is lower than the one
> required in README file . But i don't know whether it may be  the source of
> the problem*

We (Red Hat) have backported all the bits needed for libguestfs, so
the CentOS kernel "2.6.32" should be fine.

I'm interested though: why do you want to just compile guestfsd?