[Libguestfs] [W/ commit: 838a3c9] "inconsistent assumptions over interface Guestfs"

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Feb 23 18:03:54 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 06:47:59PM +0530, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
> Just did a git pull to the below commit (to get the latest version
> 1.25.37) and did a local build, this is what I see:
>
>     Error: The files ../ocaml/guestfs.cmi and perl_edit.cmi
>            make inconsistent assumptions over interface Guestfs

The error means you need to do a 'make clean'.  I believe it is caused
by having an *.ml file move from one directory to another, which
leaves an "orphaned" *.cmi file in the old directory.  This confuses
the compiler because the cmi file is never recompiled, and so
continues to refer to an old Guestfs interface (try
'ocamlobjinfo mllib/perl_edit.cmi' to see interface hashes).  In any
case, 'make clean' will delete *.cmi files and fix the problem.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v