[Libguestfs] libguestfs build fails with: /usr/lib64/golang/pkg/linux_amd64/libguestfs.org/guestfs.a -- no such file

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Jan 1 17:00:09 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 04:29:37PM +0100, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
> I'm on libguestfs Fedora git master branch:
[...]
> go install libguestfs.org/guestfs: open
> /usr/lib64/golang/pkg/linux_amd64/libguestfs.org/guestfs.a: permission denied

I believe this happens if you have golang-guestfs installed at the
same time that you try to compile things locally.  It's a serious
design flaw in golang that the language is resistant to being properly
packaged.  (There is a bugzilla thread on this topic, but I can't find
it at the moment ...)

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW