[Libguestfs] virt-builder & virt-sysprep: Avoiding SELinux relabelling

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Tue Jan 21 17:01:45 UTC 2014

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> A common problem that people have with virt-builder and virt-sysprep
> is which guests that use SELinux, like Fedora and RHEL.  In both cases
> we touch /.autorelabel in the guest, which means the guest has to
> reboot once during its first boot.
 ... snip much analysis ...

> (4) It can touch '/.autorelabel' which causes an SELinux enabled guest
>     to do a full filesystem relabel at first boot (followed by a
>     reboot).

The initscripts have taken to toind a reboot at the end of the
cleanup in the:
	/.autorelabel
but formerly did not.  It is unclear to me that this is
required

Perhaps the build process can omit step 4 and the:
	touch /.autorelabel

with this additional option in that enumeration of choices

(5) it can do an additional step at very end of the  post
install:
	restorecon -R /

untested

-- Russ herrold