[Libguestfs] Plan for libguestfs 1.26

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Jan 24 14:08:51 UTC 2014

It has been 3 months since the last stable release of libguestfs.

I'd like to plan a new 1.26 release towards the middle/end of next month.

There are some virt-builder features I'd like to get in before then:

 - virt-builder needs to be able to use Linux distro published cloud
   images as a source (without requiring a lot of manual config as
   now)

 - virt-builder must be able to build overlays

Please follow-up if there are other features / blockers / bugs that
need to be addressed for 1.26.

As usual, bugs which have "1.26" (without quotes) in the Devel
Whiteboard field in Bugzilla are nominated as blockers for the
release.  You can see a list of those here, currently empty:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=MODIFIED&bug_status=ON_DEV&bug_status=ON_QA&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=FAILS_QA&bug_status=RELEASE_PENDING&bug_status=POST&bug_status=PASSES_QA&component=libguestfs&field0-0-0=cf_devel_whiteboard&list_id=2137003&product=Virtualization%20Tools&query_format=advanced&type0-0-0=anywords&value0-0-0=1.26
or http://tinyurl.com/mtr47e5

For a list of all bugs, go to:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?component=libguestfs&product=Virtualization+Tools