[Libguestfs] Errors Running on Ubuntu 13.10

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Jan 25 07:26:12 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 04:49:24PM -0800, Tim Fall wrote:
> Not that I know of, resource usage seems totally normal. Also, as I
> mentioned, virt-install and virt-manager can both access and run vm's on
> qmeu without any trouble. Ulimit is also unset.

You can try a different qemu from upstream, which should diagnose
whether this is a kernel problem or a qemu problem:

git clone git://git.qemu.org/qemu.git
cd qemu

sudo apt-get build-dep qemu

./configure --target-list=x86_64-softmmu
make -j2

cat > qemu.wrapper <<EOF
#!/bin/bash -
qemudir=$(pwd)
exec \$qemudir/x86_64-softmmu/qemu-system-x86_64 -L \$qemudir/pc-bios "\$@"
EOF

chmod +x qemu.wrapper

export LIBGUESTFS_QEMU=$(pwd)/qemu.wrapper
libguestfs-test-tool