[Libguestfs] Returning list of backends through the API

Pino Toscano ptoscano at redhat.com
Tue Jan 28 14:46:05 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 28 January 2014 09:02:19 Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Pino, you asked on IRC about an API to return a list of backends
> through the API.

Yes -- basically it came out of my mind when, after the (then reverted)
bump of the libvirt requirements, the libvirt backend was not working
for me, and I didn't immediately realize my libvirt version was not
enough.

> If this is for testing, you could add a debug-* API to do it.  These
> are not part of the specified API and so we can change or remove them
> at any time.
>
> A canonical example of this is "debug-drives" which is used in various
> guestfish tests, eg:
>
> https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/blob/master/fish/test-add-dom
> ain.sh#L71
>
> I have changed the output of this API several times and we could
> remove it entirely in future.

It was not a big deal anyway, so I'll avoid adding new API (even if
"volatile") for now then.

--
Pino Toscano