[Libguestfs] iSCSI initiator iqn

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Jul 6 10:32:15 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jul 04, 2014 at 05:43:30PM +0530, Raghu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I could not find any option to set iSCSI initiator iqn while using
> guestfish, although the underlying qemu command has this option.
> It appears that each time guestfish tries to connect to iSCSI LUN, a
> randomly generated initiator iqn is being used. This is preventing
> guestfish to connect to the iSCSI target in our environment as the target
> allows incoming connection based on the preconfigured initiator iqn.
>
> Is there way to set iSCSI initiator iqn with guestfish command?

At the API level, this is what is currently possible:

  http://libguestfs.org/guestfs.3.html#iscsi
  http://libguestfs.org/guestfs.3.html#guestfs_add_drive_opts

>From my (limited) understanding of iSCSI, I believe it is the case
that the target and initiator iqn's are different things.  We need to
pass the `-iscsi initiator-name=<initiator-iqn>' parameter.

This is not supported right now, but it's certainly something which we
should add.  See also this section in the FAQ for how to supply
patches or file bugs requesting new features:

  http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-faq.1.html#developers

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW