[Libguestfs] iSCSI initiator iqn

Raghu nraghu2000 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 17:37:42 UTC 2014

Thanks Rich for your response.
 Perhaps, this option could be passed via an environment variable and
guestfish could pass it down to qemu.

I will file a bug requesting this feature. This is an absolutely necessary
feature we would to like to have in order to make use of libguestfs in our
work. Generally, what is the turnaround time for such feature requests to
appear in a release?

Meanwhile, I am thinking of the following as a workaround
1. Make use of iscsi-initiator utils ( which gets installed as part of
libguestfs dependency ) to establish iscsi connection
2. This will create a device such as /dev/sdb
3. Mount the partition and execute our guestfs script as follows
guestfish -m /dev/sdb1:/ -f myscript.txt

Will this work without -a parameter ?
Any other alternative?

Thanks
Raghu