[Libguestfs] working with mount-local

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 21:12:35 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 01:04:43AM +0400, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> > BTW is there any reason to use FUSE instead of using the libguestfs
> > API directly?  Using the API is going to be much more robust.
>

> I'm need to create squashfs from root file system. I see some methods
> like tar and cpio, but i can't find anything suitable for creating
> squashfs.

I believe I investigates making a squashfs from within libguestfs, and
although it's possible, it is not possible to stream the output
(unlike, say, guestfs_tar_out or guestfs_cpio_out).  This means that
the maximum size of the squashfs would be quite small.

Nevertheless we could add an API to do it.  (Even better if you can
find a way to stream mksquashfs).

> Also i can't use root permissions and need to work only with
> user rights.

I approve :-)