[Libguestfs] virt-resize: support to MBR logical partitions and some question

Hu Tao hutao at cn.fujitsu.com
Wed Jun 4 02:21:41 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm adding support to resizing logical partitions(patch is in progess).
But encounter an error when adding a logical partition in dest image:

  virt-resize: libguestfs error: part_add: parted: /dev/sdb: Warning: The resulting partition is not properly aligned for best performance.
  Error: Error informing the kernel about modifications to partition /dev/sdb5 -- Device or resource busy.  This means Linux won't know about any changes you made to /dev/sdb5 until you reboot -- so you shouldn't mount it or use it in any way before rebooting.
  Error: Failed to add partition 5 (Device or resource busy)

The error is actually no harm since the logical partition has been added
successfully, and I don't want to inform kernel at all. But it prevents
virt-resize from adding further logical partitions.

I can ignore the error when adding logical partitions manually using parted.
The question is, is there any way to ignore such errors in virt-resize?

Regards,
Hu Tao