[Libguestfs] libguestfs supermin error

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Jun 12 12:03:25 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 05:08:37PM +0530, abhishek jain wrote:
> Hi Rich
>
> I have all the virtio modules available in the kernel but I'm getting the
> same result .

It doesn't appear to be using any kernel modules.  I would have
expected to see output such as this:

  supermin: internal insmod virtio.ko

It seems as if you might not be setting SUPERMIN_MODULES; or maybe you
don't have any modules that match the internal list in supermin:

  https://github.com/libguestfs/supermin/blob/master/src/ext2_initrd.ml#L33

Anyhow, virtio-scsi definitely isn't working, as you can see from the
appliance kernel output.  You can force the direct backend to use
virtio-blk instead by editing the function src/launch-direct.c:
qemu_supports_virtio_scsi.