[Libguestfs] Python bindings : 'GuestFS' object has no attribute 'disk_create'

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Mar 20 14:53:20 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 03:25:48PM +0100, Safa Rekik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to create a disk image using the python-guestfs
> documentatoin<http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-python.3.html#description>but
> when i come across "g.disk_create (output, "raw", 512 * 1024 * 1024)"
> i get an error saying that this function does not exist !
>
> Besides, i tried a ctr+F over the guestfs.py and don't seem to find it.
>
> Am i missing something ?

As Pino says, you need a newer version of libguestfs.  Version 1.26
should be out by the end of the month and it includes this API.

You can run 'qemu-img create' manually to create disk images.

  g.disk_create (output, "raw", 512*1024*1024)

is roughly the equivalent of running:

  qemu-img create -f raw $output 512M

BTW the online manual pages always document the latest version, and so
may use newer APIs than you have available on your machine.  Your
distro should be packaging the manual pages, and if you read those it
will have documentation that relates to the version you have
installed.