[Libguestfs] working on docker images and image building... what can we learn from supermin?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 15:54:36 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 03:47:16PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>   supermin -v --prepare bash coreutils -o appliance.d
>   supermin -v --build -f chroot appliance.d -o root

Those commands work, but for consistency with the supermin(1) manual
page, it would be better to call the supermin directory "supermin.d",
not "appliance.d".  It is just cosmetic however.

>  - It copies those files into the chroot (or into an ext4 disk image

s/ext4/ext2/

I encourage you to really run the commands above.  And if you also
change '-f chroot' to '-f ext2' and have a look at the output you
might be surprised too.