[Libguestfs] virt-v2v: Died at /usr/bin/virt-p2v-server line 411

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Mon Nov 10 19:28:53 UTC 2014

Le 10/11/2014 20:09, Richard W.M. Jones a écrit :
>>> Matt - any ideas?
>>>
>>> There is also the new version of p2v/v2v available, although it
>>> requires recent Fedora or RHEL/Centos 7.0.
>>
>> This is the last thing it does before unwinding:
>>
>> libguestfs: trace: cp "/transferxdTiHj/windows/rhev-apt.exe" "/Program
>> Files/RedHat/V2V Firstboot"
>> libguestfs: trace: cp = 0
>>
>> So, maybe the guest is out of disk space, or has filesystem corruption?
>
> New v2v enforces a minimum free space on mountable fses which I don't
> think was in the old version.  If c:\ has less than 50 MB free it will
> refuse to convert it.  Use 'virt-df' to check.
>
> That said I would be surprised if the 'cp' succeeded but v2v crashed
> suddenly because of insufficient space.

Hello,

Do I have to understand that :
- I should perform a fsck on my guest filesystem before the P2V?
- I should ensure there is enough available space on it?

The partition I'm trying to convert is 50Go large, filled up with
something like 40Go. Even with a big error margin, it seems comfortable.
Before the P2V, I did no fsck, but I used to microsoft defrag tool (the
old 2003 one). I'm not sure it also checks the filesystem integrity...

- Finally, when you write about the "NEW" v2v, what version do you speak
about? Is the one I used (0.9.1.2) not new enough? (I know it is not the
very last, but quite decent though).

Well, thank you for having answered.
On this conversion, I have no choice but succeed.
I also tried the old livecd+netcat+dd option, but the OS did not even
boot, even if I copied the MBR and double check the special flag with an
hex editor ("FF").

So I will keep trying until success.

--
Nicolas Ecarnot