[Libguestfs] virt-v2v: Died at /usr/bin/virt-p2v-server line 411

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Nov 19 12:03:35 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 12:58:11PM +0100, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
> But it is now failing with an error message telling it can not
> connect to the local socket /var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock.

This is basically a libvirt bug that you have to solve separately.
I'm guessing that basic commands such as `virsh nodeinfo' also fail.

I don't know what the reason for that will be, but you can ask the
libvirt users list to help you fix it.

> > To avoid libvirt problems, do:
> >
> >    export LIBGUESTFS_BACKEND=direct
>
> But in this use case, I don't know where to set this variable?

I believe it will work if you put this into root's .bash_profile or
.bashrc (ie. /root/.bash_profile).

Given the amount of trouble that libvirt causes us, it's a reasonable
feature request to add a tick box or something to allow the backend to
be adjustable from the GUI.  See the FAQ for how to file feature
requests.