Re: [Libguestfs] virt-v2v: Died at /usr/bin/virt-p2v-server line 411

Le 10/11/2014 20:09, Richard W.M. Jones a écrit :
Matt - any ideas?

There is also the new version of p2v/v2v available, although it
requires recent Fedora or RHEL/Centos 7.0.

This is the last thing it does before unwinding:

libguestfs: trace: cp "/transferxdTiHj/windows/rhev-apt.exe" "/Program
Files/RedHat/V2V Firstboot"
libguestfs: trace: cp = 0

So, maybe the guest is out of disk space, or has filesystem corruption?

New v2v enforces a minimum free space on mountable fses which I don't
think was in the old version.  If c:\ has less than 50 MB free it will
refuse to convert it.  Use 'virt-df' to check.

That said I would be surprised if the 'cp' succeeded but v2v crashed
suddenly because of insufficient space.

Hello,

Do I have to understand that :
- I should perform a fsck on my guest filesystem before the P2V?
- I should ensure there is enough available space on it?

The partition I'm trying to convert is 50Go large, filled up with something like 40Go. Even with a big error margin, it seems comfortable. Before the P2V, I did no fsck, but I used to microsoft defrag tool (the old 2003 one). I'm not sure it also checks the filesystem integrity...

- Finally, when you write about the "NEW" v2v, what version do you speak about? Is the one I used (0.9.1.2) not new enough? (I know it is not the very last, but quite decent though).

Well, thank you for having answered.
On this conversion, I have no choice but succeed.
I also tried the old livecd+netcat+dd option, but the OS did not even boot, even if I copied the MBR and double check the special flag with an hex editor ("FF").

So I will keep trying until success.

--
Nicolas Ecarnot