[Libguestfs] Add support for slackware in supermin

Mathieu Bouillaguet mathieu.bouillaguet at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 14:23:40 UTC 2014

Hi Pino,

Thanks for your reply and details.

I started looking at the others package manager code and as I see it there
is one main problem to port supermin to slackware distro.

Slackware builtin package management tools (pkgtool and slackpkg) do not
manage package dependencies. There is no easy solution to solve this
problem.
There are third party packet manager which manage dependencies but they are
not supported and I don't personnaly use it.

It would be possible to make supermin install only the packages entered on
the command line by the user for slackware distro but maybe other tools
rely on the package dependency installation semantic.

What is your opinion about this ? How supermin is used by other tools like
libguestfs ?

Thanks for your reply

Mathieu