[Libguestfs] [libhivex] Undefined behavior when accessing invalid (too small) registry hives

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 13:15:02 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 05:56:54AM -0600, Mahmoud Al-Qudsi wrote:
> > On Nov 11, 2014, at 1:57 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Yes I was also meaning to do that after reading lcamtuf's postings.
>
> Yup. That's the one.

As an update here:

I found some crashes, but they turned out to be user error.  I was
accidentally testing a local build of hivexml linked to
/usr/lib64/libhivex.so, but since they used different versions of
iconv (glibc vs gnulib), the crashes were not real ones.

> > I just started a run now ..  Will let it run for a few days and report
> > any issues on the list.
>
> Thank you. Do you mind running it under valgrind to catch out-of-bound reads?

However I've set the test going again, on a more powerful machine than
before.  I will also test under valgrind (later).