[Libguestfs] virt-v2v: Died at /usr/bin/virt-p2v-server line 411

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Mon Nov 17 18:45:12 UTC 2014

Hello,

Answers below :

Le 13/11/2014 16:06, Richard W.M. Jones a écrit :

>>> New v2v enforces a minimum free space on mountable fses which I don't
>>> think was in the old version.  If c:\ has less than 50 MB free it will
>>> refuse to convert it.  Use 'virt-df' to check.
>>>
>>> That said I would be surprised if the 'cp' succeeded but v2v crashed
>>> suddenly because of insufficient space.
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Do I have to understand that :
>> - I should perform a fsck on my guest filesystem before the P2V?
>
> Not AFAIK.

Well, anyway, on the source, I forced a fsck, then tried again, with no
improvement.

>> - Finally, when you write about the "NEW" v2v, what version do you
>> speak about? Is the one I used (0.9.1.2) not new enough? (I know it
>> is not the very last, but quite decent though).
>
> 1.28.x here:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/libguestfs/2014-May/msg00090.html

I am using libguestfs through oVirt 3.4 (RHEV), and whoever knows this
project knows how intricated the packages are.
As this is a production environment, I can not play with trying to
change libguestfs on the oVirt manager.
But I would be enthusiastic to install a dedicated P2V server, on RH7,
with the very last libguestfs, if that helps me to insure our future P2V
will succeed.
But according to what I understood so far, I'm not sure one can install
such a P2V server, independent of any oVirt setup.

As a matter of fact, I'll be glad to test the last libguestfs version,
but I don't know where I could use it?

--
Nicolas Ecarnot