[Libguestfs] virt-v2v: Died at /usr/bin/virt-p2v-server line 411

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Tue Nov 18 14:06:44 UTC 2014

Le 17/11/2014 20:31, Richard W.M. Jones a écrit :
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 07:45:12PM +0100, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
>> But I would be enthusiastic to install a dedicated P2V server, on
>> RH7, with the very last libguestfs, if that helps me to insure our
>> future P2V will succeed.
>> But according to what I understood so far, I'm not sure one can
>> install such a P2V server, independent of any oVirt setup.
>>
>> As a matter of fact, I'll be glad to test the last libguestfs
>> version, but I don't know where I could use it?
>
> Just install a RHEL 7.0 VM, and upgrade it with the packages by
> following the instructions here:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/libguestfs/2014-May/msg00090.html
>
> The other minimum requirements are covered here:
>
> http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v.1.html#resource-requirements
>
> Rich.

Richard, Matthew et al,

In a VM, I installed a RHEL 7.0 and tried to install libguestfs-tools
but I saw there were many errors related to missing repositories and
other errors.

I wasn't able to cope with these issues.
So I tried to install another VM with CentOS 7.0, and I tried to install
libguestfs-tools.

Another problem came from the too old version of glusterfs-api, so I
added the lastest glusterfs repo definition, upgraded, and succeed in
installing libguestfs-tools and virt-v2v.

Then I PXE-boot my source physical machine (well, at present, at test
time, another VM but whatever), when getting the graphical prompt to
connect to the conversion server, I get
"Failed to start virt-v2v-server on remote server".
though I witness the SSH connection is OK on the conversion server.

On this conversion server, I find no trace of any
/usr/bin/virt-p2v-server binary.

See :

[root at serv-p2v-adm1 log]# rpm -qa virt-v2v
virt-v2v-1.28.1-1.11.el7.x86_64

[root at serv-p2v-adm1 log]# rpm -qa virt-v2v
virt-v2v-1.28.1-1.11.el7.x86_64
[root at serv-p2v-adm1 log]# rpm -ql virt-v2v
/usr/bin/virt-p2v-make-disk
/usr/bin/virt-p2v-make-kickstart
/usr/bin/virt-v2v
/usr/libexec/virt-p2v
/usr/share/doc/virt-v2v-1.28.1
/usr/share/doc/virt-v2v-1.28.1/COPYING
/usr/share/doc/virt-v2v-1.28.1/README
/usr/share/doc/virt-v2v-1.28.1/TODO
/usr/share/man/man1/virt-p2v-make-disk.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/virt-p2v-make-kickstart.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/virt-p2v.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/virt-v2v.1.gz
/usr/share/virt-p2v
/usr/share/virt-p2v/issue
/usr/share/virt-p2v/launch-virt-p2v
/usr/share/virt-p2v/p2v.ks.in
/usr/share/virt-p2v/p2v.service
/usr/share/virt-tools
/usr/share/virt-tools/rhev-apt.exe
/usr/share/virt-tools/rhsrvany.exe

Is this virt-p2v-server really missing, or is it done another way now
we're on 7.x ?
I ask that because when comparing with the same rpm on a 6.6, it
contains much more things, amongst them the binary server and the
numerous perl scripts.

--
Nicolas Ecarnot