Re: [Libguestfs] virt-v2v: Died at /usr/bin/virt-p2v-server line 411

Le 18/11/2014 16:11, Richard W.M. Jones a écrit :
On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 03:06:44PM +0100, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
[...]
Then I PXE-boot my source physical machine (well, at present, at
test time, another VM but whatever), when getting the graphical
prompt to connect to the conversion server, I get
"Failed to start virt-v2v-server on remote server".
though I witness the SSH connection is OK on the conversion server.

On this conversion server, I find no trace of any
/usr/bin/virt-p2v-server binary.

You're using the wrong version of virt-p2v.  You have to use the new
version.

You can build it yourself using the scripts 'virt-p2v-make-disk' or
'virt-p2v-make-kickstart' (read the manual pages first), or try a
recent version that I put here:

   http://oirase.annexia.org/virt-p2v/

Rich.

Richard,

Thanks for having posted your iso (and the .tar).
I installed the .tar to replace my /tftpboot/p2vboot directory, but when booting, I'm hit by the now know bug "Failed to load ldlinux.c32"
(PXELINUX 6.03)

According to what I googled (quite intensively), it may be due to the fact that the files contained in /tftpboot/p2vboot are not at the root (/tftpboot).

Before going further, I have to say that I still need to succeed in this P2V task.
Since long, I'm still very motivated to try and keep progressing.

But today, failures after failures, I must admit I'm getting a little tired of all these steps :
- tftpboot install
- pxe setup
- dhcp setup with special options
- p2vboot of the source machine
- failure in the perl script with no explanation
- install of the updated version of virt-p2v.iso, to get debug checkbox
- fsck of the source
- no real help from the debug log (a "cp" command failing, but why?)
- install of a more recent virt-p2v, that can not boot due to ldlinux.c32 missing

As the ldlinux.c32 file was missing, I found it somewhere and placed it into /tftpboot, then into /tftpboot/p2vboot, but it is not found either after gPXE find it ip address.

I tried to use the virt-p2v-make-disk, but it failed to connect to a libvirt socket (obviously, there is none running in this VM.)

Well, I take one day off (this issue). I'll go breathe another air, and see you tomorrow because I'm getting a point I find it necessary.

Thanks for reading this far. See you tomorow.

--
Nicolas Ecarnot