[Libguestfs] virt-v2v: Died at /usr/bin/virt-p2v-server line 411

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Wed Nov 19 22:47:11 UTC 2014

Le 19/11/2014 22:44, Nicolas Ecarnot a écrit :
>>> Indeed, I see "Connection refused".
>>> Let's investigate on this.
>>>
>>> On the conversion server (serv-p2v-adm1), before running all this, I
>>> did a "iptables -F" (and a restart of NFS - not knowing if it was
>>> needed), so I have no rule in iptables now.
>>>
>>> Do I have to find a way to increase the verbosity of sshd in
>>> /var/log/secure?
>>
>> You might want to check that sshd allows port forwarding
>> ('AllowTcpForwarding yes' in /etc/ssh/sshd_config).
>
> This is the next thing I tried after posting my previous reply.
> It was commented, and the man page says it is enable by default.
> Anyway, I forced it on yes, restarted sshd and tried again but with no
> success.
>
> I'm trying the same operation after increasing the sshd log verbosity.

OK, I'm progressing : the ssh issue seems to be gone.
I changed some parameters but not sure which one are relevant.
When comparing with a fresh install, here are the diffs :

root:/etc# diff /etc/ssh/sshd_config /tmp/sshd_config
43a44
 > LogLevel DEBUG3
48c49
< #PermitRootLogin yes
---
 > PermitRootLogin yes
114,115c115,116
< #AllowTcpForwarding yes
< #GatewayPorts no
---
 > AllowTcpForwarding yes
 > GatewayPorts yes

The man page specifically says that the -R option won't work unless
GatewayPorts is set to yes, and it is NOT able by default.
But i don't remember if this was sufficient, because I may have change
PermitRootLogin in the same time.

What is sure is that AllowTcpForwading set to yes did not change anything.

Anyway, now, I can see things running for some times. Then failing.

The log file is attached. I have read it quickly. I'm tired. See you
tomorrow.

Relevant parts :

libguestfs: trace: hivex_node_get_child = 968144
libguestfs: trace: hivex_node_get_child 968144 "firstboot"
guestfsd: main_loop: new request, len 0x40^M
guestfsd: error: failed: Argument list too long^M
guestfsd: main_loop: proc 355 (hivex_node_get_child) took 0.00 seconds^M
libguestfs: trace: hivex_node_get_child = -1 (error)
virt-v2v: error: libguestfs error: hivex_node_get_child: failed: Argument
list too long

Nicolas Ecarnot