[Libguestfs] virt-v2v: Died at /usr/bin/virt-p2v-server line 411

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Nov 20 10:28:55 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 11:47:11PM +0100, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
> OK, I'm progressing : the ssh issue seems to be gone.
> I changed some parameters but not sure which one are relevant.
> When comparing with a fresh install, here are the diffs :
>
> root:/etc# diff /etc/ssh/sshd_config /tmp/sshd_config
> 43a44
> > LogLevel DEBUG3
> 48c49
> < #PermitRootLogin yes
> ---
> > PermitRootLogin yes
> 114,115c115,116
> < #AllowTcpForwarding yes
> < #GatewayPorts no
> ---
> > AllowTcpForwarding yes
> > GatewayPorts yes
>
> The man page specifically says that the -R option won't work unless
> GatewayPorts is set to yes, and it is NOT able by default.
> But i don't remember if this was sufficient, because I may have
> change PermitRootLogin in the same time.

My understanding is that GatewayPorts should not be necessary.
Does it still work if you set it back to 'no'?

> What is sure is that AllowTcpForwading set to yes did not change anything.
>
> Anyway, now, I can see things running for some times. Then failing.
>
> The log file is attached. I have read it quickly. I'm tired. See you
> tomorrow.
>
> Relevant parts :

> libguestfs: trace: hivex_node_get_child = 968144
> libguestfs: trace: hivex_node_get_child 968144 "firstboot"
> guestfsd: main_loop: new request, len 0x40^M
> guestfsd: error: failed: Argument list too long^M
> guestfsd: main_loop: proc 355 (hivex_node_get_child) took 0.00 seconds^M
> libguestfs: trace: hivex_node_get_child = -1 (error)
> virt-v2v: error: libguestfs error: hivex_node_get_child: failed: Argument
> list too long

That would indicate some problem with the guest registry.

You could grab it and post it somewhere (but note that registries
contain sensitive data such as passwords):

  mkdir /tmp/registry
  virt-copy-out -a /path/to/guest.img 'win:C:\windows\system32\config' /tmp/registry

(I only need to see the files 'SYSTEM' and 'SOFTWARE')

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW