[Libguestfs] virt-v2v: Died at /usr/bin/virt-p2v-server line 411

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Sun Nov 23 00:12:06 UTC 2014

Le 22/11/2014 12:14, Richard W.M. Jones a écrit :
> On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 11:41:54AM +0100, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
>> When completed, the import into oVirt went fine, but booting lead to
>> a BSOD, which I corrected by merging mergeide.reg into the source
>> machine and starting the whole process again. Then I fine tuned it
>> by installing the dedicated virt drivers (virtio, net, scsi) and it
>> eventually worked.
>
> Hang on there ...  Using 'mergeide.reg' should *not* be necessary ...

I tried many reboots, and F8 > choose different debug/recovery options.
They all lead to windows beginning to boot then BSOD 0x0000007B.

> What was the BSOD?

If you want the precise sub figures between parenthesis, I must admit I
haven't them anymore. Sorry.

Google is full of answers leading towards the use of mergeide.reg, and
my former experience with its use was good, so I did not hesitate and
was right.

Does your answer above implies that amongst the tons of things
libguestfs is doing to the FS, it also manipulate the registry in order
to do the same changes that mergeide.reg does?

--
Nicolas Ecarnot