[Libguestfs] Virt-v2v conversion issue

VONDRA Alain AVONDRA at unicef.fr
Tue Oct 14 15:40:22 UTC 2014

Rich,
I've followed your instructions to trace, but I am not very skilful with gdb, maybe I made a mistake :

(1) As root do:

  echo core.%p > /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern  -> OK

(2) Before running virt-v2v, do:

  ulimited -c unlimited                 -> I think it's ulimit -c unlimited     -> -> OK

and you should get a core.* file in the current directory when qemu-img segfaults.  Attach that file to gdb to get a stack trace:

  gdb /usr/bin/qemu-img core.XYZ                -> Do I need to wait the crash becase I don't have any core ???
  (gdb) t a a bt

Thanks
Alain

Alain VONDRA
Chargé d'exploitation des Systèmes d'Information
Direction Administrative et Financière
+33 1 44 39 77 76
UNICEF France
3 rue Duguay Trouin  75006 PARIS