[Libguestfs] Virt-v2v conversion issue

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 13:58:41 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 01:49:55PM +0000, VONDRA Alain wrote:
> If I do kill -9, do I get a core dump ?

I'm not sure, but ...

> Killall does nothing the process is still alive...
> Each time I got this hang, I find only umount -f /tmp/xxxx to force
> qemu-img to stop.

Are you sure this couldn't be an NFS server problem?

Any message or errors in 'dmesg'?  Any kernel threads (see top) which
are consuming time or stuck in 'D' state?

I've been playing around with various test scripts (see attached) to
see if I could reproduce this problem, but I couldn't reproduce it yet
on RHEL 7.1 or Fedora 21.