[Libguestfs] missing btrfs subvol support

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Thu Oct 16 14:35:25 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 10, Mike Latimer wrote:

> On Friday, October 10, 2014 03:07:51 PM Olaf Hering wrote:
> > Thanks for the pointers. I will poke around. At least augtool on the
> > host seems to behave correctly:
>
> I don't think this is related to Augeas. Instead, I think it's the naming
> convention SUSE uses for the root btrfs subvolume (@).

It does not look like its the naming convention. Insteads its the fact
that a given subvolume is for the entire root filesystem. So both sda2
and also the 'whatever' subvolume get ->is_root=1.

I can probably add a check somewhere to catch the whatever=="@". A
better fix would be to check if a given subvolume is for the entire
partition.

Furthermore there are appearent bugs in the subvolume parser. Will send
a patch to fix one of them shortly.

Olaf