[Libguestfs] [libguestfs] conversion issue on NFS shares

Artur Krzywdzinski a.krzywdzinski at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 14:34:03 UTC 2014

Hi

T'm trying to convert XEN virtual machine image into raw. Source file is on
NFS export and destination is also on nfs export. (both exports are mounted
on migration servers RW access). I'm getting permission denied.
I have RW access to both exports - I can create, delete objects on both
exports from migration server. But when I copy img file onto migration
server local filesystem, conversion works, from local fs to nfs export.
However when I tried to run guestfish against file located on NFS - I'm
getting the same erro - Permission denied .

[root at kvm01 export]# virt-v2v -i disk migr01.img -o local -os /tmp
[   0.0] Opening the source -i disk migr01.img
[   0.0] Creating an overlay to protect the source from being modified
[   0.0] Opening the overlay
virt-v2v: error: libguestfs error: could not create appliance through
libvirt.

Try running qemu directly without libvirt using this environment variable:
export LIBGUESTFS_BACKEND=direct

Original error from libvirt: internal error: process exited while
connecting to monitor: 2014-10-16T14:25:13.729270Z qemu-kvm: -drive
file=/var/tmp/v2vovl60e1a0.qcow2,if=none,id=drive-scsi0-0-0-0,format=qcow2,cache=unsafe,discard=unmap:
could not open disk image /var/tmp/v2vovl60e1a0.qcow2: Could not open
backing file: Could not open '/mnt/xen01/export/migr01.img': Permission
denied
 [code=1 domain=10]

If reporting bugs, run virt-v2v with debugging enabled and include the
complete output:

  virt-v2v -v -x [...]
[root at kvm01 export]#

--