[Libguestfs] Virt-v2v conversion issue

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Sep 28 19:35:15 UTC 2014

Oh I see.  It looks like you've got a self-compiled copy of supermin &
libguestfs in /usr/local, which is the one which is running.

libguestfs-winsupport only works to add NTFS support to the normal
installed packages that we build, ie. the ones here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libguestfs/2014-May/msg00090.html

You'll probably have to nuke all traces of the version in /usr/local,
otherwise nothing will really work.

As a general rule of thumb, never use 'make install' with libguestfs
as you'll just end up with two copies installed which will conflict
with each other like this.  If you want to build from source, then run
the second copy from the build directory using the `./run' script in
the top-level [see README], and that'll be fine.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v