[Libguestfs] Why libguestfs guest exist exceptionally?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Sep 28 10:48:11 UTC 2014

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 06:33:53PM +0800, Zhi Yong Wu wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 6:26 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Which version of libguestfs is this?  I think you'll have no hope of
> #rpm -qa | grep libguestfs
> libguestfs-1.20.8-1
> libguestfs-tools-c-1.20.8-1
> > getting upstream libguestfs to run on RHEL 5.  There is a branch
> Yes. The upstream maybe be involving in libvirtd, you know, there is
> no libvirtd on RHEL5
> > ('oldlinux') which may still work:
> >
> > https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/commits/oldlinux
> I will try it.

I think the EPEL 5 package is the same as this branch.  In particular
the EPEL 5 package has the
"Add-null-vmchannel-back-for-qemu-without-virt" patch which should
make it work on RHEL 5, although for some reason it doesn't.

Can you post the full, unedited output from 'libguestfs-test-tool'.

> By the way, the libguestfs src can't build one available base.img and
> daemon.img.
>
> #ll /usr/lib64/guestfs/supermin.d/
> total 1752
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    1536 Sep 27 14:39 base.img    <----- it can't work.

Not sure what you mean.  Why wouldn't it work?