[Libguestfs] FC22: virt-p2v-make-kickstart/livecd-creator doesn't build

Martin Breault martyb at creenet.com
Mon Aug 10 20:23:24 UTC 2015

> On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 04:01:40PM -0400, Martin Breault wrote:
> Yup, livecd-tools is broken junk. I'm building ISOs you can download
> here: http://oirase.annexia.org/virt-p2v The RHEL-7.2-preview/
> directory contains the latest version, and should work fine with
> virt-v2v from Fedora. These are built in a RHEL 7 VM, using the EPEL 7
> version of livecd-tools which seems to work more reliably. I would
> caution you that you should always run livecd-tools in a disposable
> VM, since it requires root and does all sorts of weird stuff with host
> devices. Rich.

Hum.  Yes I am using a disposable VM for this.

My issue with the .isos I have been able to find available for download
is that they seem to assume that hardware is 64-bit compatible, and a
few of my servers sadly are still using 32-bit hardware.  I am trying to
boot them and thus why I need to make my own livecd.

Are there 32-bit compatible images available?

Thanks,

Marty