[Libguestfs] FC22: virt-p2v-make-kickstart/livecd-creator doesn't build

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 21:47:22 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 04:23:24PM -0400, Martin Breault wrote:

> On 8/10/2015 4:20 PM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 04:01:40PM -0400, Martin Breault wrote:
> >Yup, livecd-tools is broken junk. I'm building ISOs you can
> >download here: http://oirase.annexia.org/virt-p2v The
> >RHEL-7.2-preview/ directory contains the latest version, and
> >should work fine with virt-v2v from Fedora. These are built in a
> >RHEL 7 VM, using the EPEL 7 version of livecd-tools which seems to
> >work more reliably. I would caution you that you should always run
> >livecd-tools in a disposable VM, since it requires root and does
> >all sorts of weird stuff with host devices. Rich.
>
> Hum.  Yes I am using a disposable VM for this.
>
> My issue with the .isos I have been able to find available for
> download is that they seem to assume that hardware is 64-bit
> compatible, and a few of my servers sadly are still using 32-bit
> hardware.  I am trying to boot them and thus why I need to make my
> own livecd.
>
> Are there 32-bit compatible images available?

I'm not distributing any, although I see no reason why it wouldn't
be possible to build them.

I was trying to use 'livemedia-creator' to build a live CD to see if
that would work.  It's still running (for about the last 2 hours in
fact).  If it works by tomorrow morning I'll give this list an update.