[Libguestfs] Virtio devices as removable?

Martin Breault martyb at creenet.com
Thu Aug 13 14:47:41 UTC 2015

Hello,

Not sure if this is the correct list so apologies if this question is
misplaced.

I tried migrating using virt-v2v a pair of Windows 2012R2 servers to
oVirt using Fedora22 as a p2v server and was happy to see that it worked
perfectly.

I notice however that the windows icon for "safe removal" now appears on
the bottom right, and when I click it, apparently I can "safely remove"
my VirtIO NIC, a VirtIO serial device, and my VirtIO disk!?!?!?!   I
tried it on the NIC as a test and unsurprisingly, I lost all network
communication to the host.  I didn't try it on the VirtIO disk because I
didn't want to risk crashing my OS, however this doesn't seem normal.
The disk on which the system is running can't be removable?!

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

M.