[Libguestfs] packaging virtio-win

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Tue Dec 1 15:11:40 UTC 2015

> On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 05:56:48PM -0500, Cole Robinson wrote:
>> - There are many consumers of the iso layout as it is right now. Any
>> changes in the short to medium term need to be entirely additive so
>> we can get the new layout right without breaking every consumer. So
>> keep the existing iso layout of $drivername/$weird-os/$arch, but
>> _add_ the $arch/$standard-os/* layout, and avoid duplicates by
>> hardlinking identical files (the scripts on github already have code
>> that handles the last bit).
>
> May also be worth asking who the current consumers are.
>
> Virt-v2v is one of them.
>
> Are there others?  (GNOME Boxes?)

* ovirt, as part of building their own iso and guest installer
* spice-guest-tools.exe builds
* boxes/libosinfo get drivers from
https://zeenix.fedorapeople.org/drivers/win-tools/preinst/    which is just a
copy from a tested virtio-win release, but they control the filesystem layout.

Explicitly documenting this is one of the things on my todo list. But there
may be far more... who knows what RHEL customers are doing with the drivers.

- Cole