[Libguestfs] RFC: arbitrary parameters for add_drive

Pino Toscano ptoscano at redhat.com
Wed Dec 2 13:10:52 UTC 2015

Hi,

one of the bugs we have (#1092583) is about the lack of query string
for http/https URLs: there were patches about that (not merged yet),
whose solution was to add a new optional argument "querystring".

Another bug that I'm looking at (#1118305) is about setting initiator
IQNs for iSCSI drives; a good solution IMHO would be add a new
initiator-name parameter for this.

Thinking more, I was realizing that keep adding more optional arguments
to add_drive would make it a bit cluttered; for this, maybe a more
flexible solution for this could be adding a single extra optional
argument as hash-table (or list of "param=value") for all these
rarely used parameters specific to different protocols. How would that
look?

Thanks,
--
Pino Toscano