[Libguestfs] rpm scriptlet failed

Alexandre Freire da Silva Osorio alexandre.osorio at eldorado.org.br
Thu Dec 10 16:42:53 UTC 2015

Hello,

While trying to install a rpm package in a Linux image under guestifish, the following error message is returned:

sh "rpm -ivh --nodeps sympl.rpm"
error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping sympl

If I boot the same image in QEMU and run the same command, no error message is returned and the package is correctly installed. The script contents is only a single "exit 0".

I don't what could be the cause of this error. Please I would like to know whether any of you have face such a problem before.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Alexandre