[Libguestfs] Question: ntfs mount forbidden in rhel-7 branch

Maxim Perevedentsev mperevedentsev at virtuozzo.com
Tue Dec 22 17:48:05 UTC 2015

Hello everyone!

I guess this is a frequent question, but how can I mount ntfs partition
using libguestfs rhel-7?
As I see from the commit bound to RHBZ#1240276, this was intentionally
made impossible, for rhel-7 branches. It is true?

I'd like to use ntfs mount functionality, but I'd like to use mainstream
version of libguestfs as well (the version designed for rhel-7 is
expected to be quite reliable).
So could you please explain why ntfs mounting was forbidden (except for
virt-* programs), and how to work around this (I see two options: drop
this patch or set_program("virt-hack")).

Thanks in advance!

--
Your sincerely,
Maxim Perevedentsev