[Libguestfs] Can I update a specific package with virt-customize/virt-sysprep

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Thu Dec 24 16:16:09 UTC 2015

I'm using an image (Fedora cloud) which apparently doesn't have iSCSI
kernel module available as-is. I therefore need to update kernel-core in
order to get it.
Is there a way I can do it via virt-sysprep / virt-customize?

I would like on the first boot already to use iSCSI (I'm using a script
there to already login to a target, etc.), so first boot (+ it'll require
an additional boot anyway) is too late for this.

Is there a way to do it, as it seem 'update' updates everything (and thus
bloats my image a bit).

TIA,
Y.