[Libguestfs] [libguestfs] RFE: virt-builder new option (--offline maybe) to allow running only from cache (#21)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Dec 29 18:00:58 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 04:50:47PM -0800, Ryan Sawhill Aroha wrote:
> I love virt-builder It's great
>
> However, I don't always have internet access Further, some of my
> repos are on private networks and I'm don't always have the
> appropriate VPN established to see them

By 'repo' do you mean a virt-builder repo or a repo used for
installing packages (eg. a yum/apt repo)?

For the latter, the --attach option might be useful.

For the former, we should have a way to skip repos or DTRT without the
network being available.  Pino - what do you think?

> I wish virt-builder had an option that would skip checking in with
> your remote repos and only use cache I think that would be a huge
> win

IIRC, currently if a *template* exists in the cache, then it won't
download it.  However that doesn't help if the repo is inaccessible.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v