[Libguestfs] resize: Preserve GPT GUID so we don't break EFI bootloaders (RHBZ#1189284)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 08:40:37 UTC 2015

virt-resize didn't preserve the per-partition GPT GUID.

Now that guests using UEFI are becoming common (basically it's the
default on aarch64) we need to take into account that sometimes the
partition GUID is used by the bootloader NVRAM variables to identify
the boot partition, so it must be preserved across resize.

This bug caused the 'virt-builder --size' option to fail on aarch64.