[Libguestfs] getting guestfs_rsync_out to work

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 15:14:33 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 09, 2015 at 08:27:22AM -0600, Jeff Brower wrote:
> Yes we know that it doesn't know.  We'd be ok to re-launch the image
> to pick up changes except for the time it takes (if we could get
> into 1 to 10 msec range it would be ok).

There's no feasible way to start a Linux kernel in under about 1-2
seconds.  It just takes that long for the kernel to initialize itself.
Even if you use the User-mode Linux backend (which just runs vmlinux
as a userspace process) you'll experience approximately the same
overhead.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v