[Libguestfs] getting guestfs_rsync_out to work

Jeff Brower jbrower at signalogic.com
Sat Feb 7 23:19:42 UTC 2015

All-

Per this page

  https://rwmj.wordpress.com/2013/04/22/using-rsync-with-libguestfs/

We are trying to get the libguestfs API guestfs_rsync_out to work.  We’ve tried combinations similar to:

  guestfs_rsync_out(g, “/HostShared”, “rsync://root@10.0.1.90:2999/backup/ -av”, -1)

surrounding it with APIs as in the recipe examples, for example replacing libguestfs_cat(), with no luck. In the above
example the "backup" rsync module name matches the script on Richard's wordpress.com blog page (above link).
Typically in the rsync daemon log we see something like:

  receiving file list
  sent 17 bytes received 24 bytes total size 0

but no data is transferred. We are successful using rsync from the Linux command line, and we can get libguestfs APIs
like guestfs_cat() to work fine. But we’ve had zero luck with rsync_out over the last week. Unfortunately there are no
actual API examples online, no “recipes” on the libguestfs.org site, etc.   Does anyone know where there are some
actual libguestfs_rsync_out() working examples?

Thanks.

-Jeff