[Libguestfs] Can't create any VPS using KVM template due to the error with libguestfs

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 20:37:52 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 12:16:30AM +0530, Thirumalai Nambi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using SolusVM control panel to create KVM VPS. Suddenly, I can't make
> any VPS on Host-Node. Their build log says the SolusVM can't read the
> libguestfs in server.
>
> During the debug, I've tried to mount existing VPS using guestmount command
> and  I can't mount the KVM image.
>
> Please check here.
>
> [root at msv07 /]# guestmount -i -a /dev/msv07data/kvm139_img /mnt
> libguestfs: error: guestfs_launch failed.
> See http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-faq.1.html#debugging-libguestfs
> and/or run 'libguestfs-test-tool'.
> [root at msv07 /]#
>

> I've attached libguestfs-test-tool output (untitled document 1) and debug
> output of guestmount command here(untitled document 2).

The error is certainly an unusual one:

mkdtemp: /tmp/lvm4zeZR5: No such file or directory

caused by this code in the daemon:

https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/blob/master/daemon/lvm-filter.c#L75

It's caused by the peculiar way that you've set up /tmp on your
host:

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root root     8 Aug 27 14:48 tmp -> /backup/
drwxrwxrwt.   4 root root  4096 Aug 27 14:48 tmp-

If you really want that setup, you might try adding a line:

/backup

to /usr/lib64/guestfs/supermin.d/hostfiles.  But really the problem is
that you shouldn't make /tmp be a symbolic link.

> Please take a look and respond asap, Last time I've opened a ticket, we got
> response after one day..
>
> Please make this hurry, I've invested whole day on this issue. But I can't
> solve it.

Heh, you get what you pay for ...

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW