[Libguestfs] Redhat v2v

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 16:28:31 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 09:12:00AM +0800, Philip KP LI wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for the package, virt-v2v, for Redhat 7 to convert virtual
> machines under Xen in Redhat 5 to KVM.  But, can't find it from the 7 and
> neither from the public websites.   Why wasn’t virt-v2v included with 7
> from the get-go?
>
> And, pls also advise for the downloading sites if possible.

It wasn't included in RHEL 7.0, and was only available in an obscure
OpenStack channel in RHEL 7.1.  In RHEL 7.2, the package will be
available in base RHEL for everyone.

In the meantime, you can get the package and use it on a RHEL 7.1
system by following the instructions here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libguestfs/2015-April/msg00038.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libguestfs/2015-April/msg00039.html