[Libguestfs] Plan for libguestfs 1.30

Pino Toscano ptoscano at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 15:01:52 UTC 2015

Hi,

In data martedì 30 giugno 2015 15:22:27, Richard W.M. Jones ha scritto:
> It has been a ludicrously long time (over 8 months) since the last
> stable release of libguestfs.  So I'd like to plan a new 1.30 release
> soon.
>
> Please follow-up if there are features / blockers / bugs that need to
> be addressed for 1.30.

Not a comprehensive list, but I have in mind the following:

(a) rh#1089100 - aka SELinux relabel API
There was work on this some months ago, although with some doubts on
the API.
This is something I'd like, as I'm seeing my colleagues facing SELinux
label issues when using virt-builder/virt-customize on Fedora guests.

(b) rh#1102241 - aka OSTree support
I did work on it the past, but there are still issues in the way the
trees in each image could be represented without breaking current API
users & CLI clients.
This could seem somehow important, as Atomic stuff is being used more.

(c) virt-dib
This is a mostly-ready replacement for diskimage-builder's
disk-image-create (and ramdisk-image-create), using libguestfs to do
almost all the operations (and thus more secure than fiddling with sudo,
losetup, kpartx, etc on the host).
This could improve the way images in OpenStack world are generated,
without the need to retoolchain everything.

(d) possibly rh#1203898 - aka fstab-less systems

(e) possibly rh#1113153 - aka systemd moint points

Thanks,
--
Pino Toscano