Re: [Libguestfs] Name resolution not working inside virt-customize

I'm afraid our handling of /etc/resolv.conf inside the chroot is a
large (and continuing) source of problems.  Currently this code is
run:

https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/blob/master/daemon/command.c#L148

There are a couple of thing you could do:

  - Don't rely too heavily on name resolution.

  - Use --firstboot* scripts instead, since they genuinely run in guest
    context, and should therefore work more like you expect.

Thanks, I'll try these. I actually tried several other options like:

  --upload /home/leer/resolv.conf:/etc/resolv.conf

  --write /etc/resolv.conf:"nameserver 172.16.12.1"

  --run-command "echo 'nameserver 172.16.12.1' > /etc/resolv.conf"

  --copy-in /home/leer/resolv.conf:/etc/resolv.conf

The first three all failed with some variant on "'/etc/resolv.conf': No such file or directory". The fourth apparently has been removed from this version or was not compiled in.

Also I believe what I thought was scrollback buffer corruption is actually virt-customize making changes to the virtual as I noticed the md5sum of the image changed after each failed attempt.

Thanks again,

Lee