[Libguestfs] Invalid module format errors, supermin waits forever for /sys/block/sdb/dev to appear

Lee Revell leer at inmotionhosting.com
Thu Mar 12 18:29:46 UTC 2015

After failing to get things to work on a Ubuntu 14.04 host I build a
fedora 21 environment to see if Ubuntu may have been the problem and
didn't get quite as far so here's an official report per the FAQ directions:

- Trying to get guests to build and have network access so package
management actions can be done before uploading to openstack image service.

- I ran ./run virt-builder fedora-18 -v -x (also tried fedora-21, same
issue)

- Using supermin 5.1.2, libguestfs 1.29.29 both built from source on
fedora 21 host with all updates. "yum-builddep libguestfs" was run first
to pull dependencies.

Short version is that I get a bunch of Invalid module format errors then
supermin waiting for /sys/block/sdb/dev to appear and it never does.
Full output attached.

Thanks,

Lee