[Libguestfs] Can't create any KVM template due to the error with libguestfs

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Mar 14 08:43:23 UTC 2015

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 03:13:28AM +0530, Thirumalai Nambi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using SolusVM control panel to create KVM VPS. Suddenly, I can't make
> any template on Host-Node. Their build log says the SolusVM can't read the
> libguestfs in server.

The error is:

> guestfsd: error while loading shared libraries: liblzma.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This is a bug in the libguestfs packaging.  Apparently you are using:

> library version: 1.20.11rhel=6,release=11.el6

So a RHEL or CentOS 6.6 version.

However I have checked the guestfsd in this version, and it does not
depend on liblzma.so.*.  Strangely guestfsd in RHEL 7 does depend on
liblzma.so.5 (but only indirectly, via libselinux).

You will have to describe exactly where you got libguestfs from or how
you built it, and what the host operating system looks like -- what
release, what version of packages, where you got it from -- otherwise
no one can help.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW